As it’s that time of year again I thought it would be best to share some of my favourite buys from the sales right now. Sale shopping is not for the faint hearted, at best you get some amazing bargains, at worst, a really bad headache and nothing to show for it. I think this is where shopping on line has huge advantages. Yes the major disadvantage is that you don’t get to try before you buy, there’s the faff of posting returns back and possible charges.
However if you think about your time spent trying to park your car, then the car park charges, this sort of balances out the postage and returns part. A lot of companies now offer free postage and returns or you can top up your order if there’s a minimum spend just to get the free postage (yes, I do do that, especially if its free returns!). Some top tips for you, if you do brave the shops though;
- If possible, go in the week, if not, make sure you get there early at the week-end to avoid some of the crowds.
- Wear a camisole,leggings,tunic combo. These are easy layers to slip tops or skirts over, trousers will need the fitting room I’m afraid.
- If you’re a hard core bargain hunter, pack some snacks and water to keep you going. But do stop for lunch, not only is a good meal needed but the break time allows you time to stop and take stock.
- Have a list in your mind of the key pieces missing in your wardrobe, especially if you are on a budget. Try not to be to price driven, a bargain is only a bargain if it’s worn!
- Sometimes if I’m not 100% sure I will walk away and leave it to fate. If it’s there when I return, it’s meant to be. This of course can also work against you, so if a return is easy, buy and take it home for a ponder.
What are you waiting for? Get out there and find those bargains people!