Another new chapter has opened in the regeneration of the MINI model family, with the launch of the new MINI Clubman.
Following the success of the re-energised MINI 3-door Hatch and the successful launch of the MINI 5-door Hatch, the new model offers customers a premium vehicle featuring the highest level of ride refinement ever seen in a MINI.
The car’s much-loved signature design feature – its split rear doors – are retained, while accessibility and everyday usability are further enhanced thanks to four full-sized side doors. The resulting car is a powerful fusion of sleek lines, innovative touches and first-rate materials with generous space for five occupants, excellent luggage capacity and classic MINI driving characteristics.
- The new MINI Clubman continues generation change in MINI model family
- Premium five-seater a powerful fusion of sleek lines, innovative touches and first-rate materials
- Characteristic split rear doors retained, now with four side doors for enhanced usability
- Exterior and interior dimensions significantly more generous than previous generation MINI Clubman and MINI 5-door Hatch
- Familiar derivatives at launch – MINI Cooper Clubman, MINI Cooper D Clubman, MINI Cooper S Clubman, MINI Cooper SD Clubman
- Six-speed manual and automatic transmissions, with eight-speed Steptronic new to the brand
- New Clubman packed with MINI character, enhanced by extensive range of optional extras
- High level of standard equipment including MINI Navigation System standard across all models
- Built in the UK at MINI Plant Oxford, priced from £19,995 OTR
With a more mature and sophisticated design, the new MINI Clubman’s dimensions are larger than those of the previous generation MINI Clubman. It’s also 270 mm longer and 73 mm wider than the MINI 5-door Hatch, with a wheelbase which is 100 mm larger. The boot has a volume of 360 litres, which can be extended to 1,250 litres by folding the rear seats flat.
The latest generation of MINI TwinPower Turbo Technology engines have been installed under the bonnet, with four units available from launch – the MINI Cooper Clubman, MINI Cooper D Clubman, MINI Cooper S Clubman and MINI Cooper SD Clubman. CO2 emissions are as low as 109g/km, with fuel economy of up to 68.9mpg.
New to the MINI brand is an 8-speed Steptronic transmission, available as an option on the MINI Cooper S Clubman, the MINI Cooper D Clubman and the MINI Cooper SD Clubman. Exceptional handling comes courtesy of a suspension set-up which is unique to the new MINI Clubman.
Numerous features make their MINI brand debut on the new Clubman, including an electric parking brake, full electric seat adjustment and the optional MINI Yours Interior Styles with backlit door bezels.
The new MINI Clubman includes MINI’s highly acclaimed Navigation System as standard on all models, exemplifying the high levels of standard equipment across the range. Furthermore, every MINI Clubman also benefits from the MINI Excitement Package as standard, which features a projection of the brand logo on to the ground beneath the driver’s side door mirror when the car is opened and closed, as well as extended interior lighting.
Pricing for the newest member of the MINI family starts at £19,995 OTR for the MINI Cooper Clubman.