Everybody likes a rumour. Nobody likes a rumour about themselves and this definitely the case for Samsung as they finally silenced all the rumours by officially launching the Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone in New York. Nil points for the location – Milton Keynes would have been our choice but, as launches go, this was worth the wait. Unlike the recent launch of a certain gaming console, we actually got to see the amazing piece of hardware and even read about the spec. Fun times.
So what is new? Well, this badboy packs a larger screen and enhanced battery life but somehow remains incredibly light and somehow, unbelievably thin. For those of you who need to know, the S4 will be 7.9mm thick and weigh just 130g.
The Galaxy S4 has, according to Samsung, the world’s first full HD Super AMOLED display packing five inches of screen with 441ppi making this perfect for viewing photos and watching TV shows. A new dual-camera function means both the front and back cameras can be used at the same time.
Other new features include:
- Samsung Smart Pause : A way to control what’s happening on your screen determined by where you are looking.
- Air Gesture/View : Designed to bring the power of touch to the next level through waves and swipes as commands.
- Samsung Optical Reader :A quick and easy way to recognise text, QR codes and more.
- Samsung WatchON : This transforms your handset into an IR remote control for home entertainment systems.
- S Health : A quick and easy way to ensure you’re in as good shape as you’re new device thanks to monitoring tools and sensors.
- Samsung Adapt Display/Sound, which adapt to the user’s particular application or preferences in terms of audio volume.
Hopefully we will be able to get our hands on one if our friend Jeremy invite us around for a play before it launches.