The true identity of a very festive intruder, spotted on CCTV arriving at The Galleria, has now been confirmed as none other than Santa’s most esteemed helper… the scout Elf! As per Christmas tradition, the scout Elf has been tasked with keeping an eye on guests…he’s gonna find out who’s naughty or nice! And this year, it seems that Elf has decided to take residence at The Galleria for the month of December – watching guests, appearing here and there around the centre and of course already getting up to his world-renowned mischief!
To celebrate the Elf’s arrival, The Galleria has launched an official Elf Hunt and is encouraging Elf hunters to take s-Elfies and share them on social media with the hashtag #GalleriaElf.
Chief Officer of Christmas at The Galleria, commented: “When we arrived at the outlet on 1st December, we were stunned to find one of Santa’s infamous scout elves had moved in overnight. We’re incredibly excited at his arrival and have launched The Galleria Elf Hunt, inviting guests to seek out his hiding spots. So far the elf has stayed true to his reputation of causing a bit of havoc so we’ll make sure we keep an eye on him during his stay.”
As well as the Elf Hunt, guests to The Galleria can enjoy seasonal entertainment from local community groups on selected dates along with supporting East and North Hertfordshire Hospitals Charity and Lister Hospital’s Children’s Ward by donating a Christmas gift at The Giving Tree.
For more information about the Elf Hunt and Christmas events at The Galleria, visit https://thegalleria.co.uk/articles/elf-hunt
Win a ‘Freebie Fridays’ meal by tagging your favourite restaurant
By simply tagging your favourite restaurant and who you would like to dine with, you could win a ‘Freebie Fridays‘ free meal for two courtesy of TrendLife Magazine. Launching in January 2022, Freebie Fridays will give foodies across The Three Counties the chance to take a friend or loved one to a restaurant of their choice
Freebie Fridays Entry tasks
- Tag your chosen restaurant/eatery.
- Tag your chosen guest and follow us.
- Sit back and wait for the weekly draw.
You can tag as many friends and resturants in each draw. Duplicates will only be counted once. You and your nominated guest BOTH need to follow us to be entered into the prize draw. You can enter on both Instagram or Facebook.
Freebie Fridays Terms and Conditions
- The promoter of the Freebie Fridays prize draw is TrendLife Magazine. The promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
- The Freebie Fridays prize draw is open to UK residents aged 18 or over.
- Winners must select/tag a restaurant within the Three Counties of Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Hertfordshire. The winner will be chosen at random and a check will be performed to ensure the winner’s account is. valid. You cannot transfer the prize to a third party.
- To enter the prize draw you should follow the instructions on the Facebook post or Instagram post announcing the competition.
- Late, invalid or incomplete entries will not be considered, and we accept no responsibility for lost entries.
- The Freebie Fridays prize for one winner will be defined within the Facebook and Instagram post.
- The Freebie Fridays prize is non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives. Freebie Fridays meal value will be limited to £50 per person. Alcoholic drinks are not included.
- The winner will be chosen at random from all qualifying entries. The result is final and no discussion will be entered into concerning the outcome.
- The Freebie Fridays prize draw closes on the date defined in the social media post. Entries received after this date will not be considered.
- The winner’s contact details may be passed on to a third party for prize fulfilment purposes.
- The personal information and contact details you supply will be used only for the purposes of administering the competition, including contacting winners. Winners will be asked to review their meal and chosen restaurant.
- We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions or to cancel, alter or amend the draw or the Freebie Fridays prize due to any circumstances that arise beyond our control.
- The Freebie Fridays prize draw is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
Milton Keynes Theatre reveals it’s Winter/Spring 2022 season
Milton Keynes Theatre has today announced its Winter/Spring 2022 season with a programme of outstanding shows, shaping next year into one of the biggest in the theatre’s history.
Since it’s reopening in July 2021, Milton Keynes Theatre has seen a joyous return of live audiences, safely welcoming over 100,000 people through its doors to enjoy 42 quality shows. Here’s what the leading live entertainment venue has in store for 2022. The new year will see the final few performances of the highly anticipated, GIANT of a pantomime, Jack and the Beanstalk, which opens on Sat 11 Dec and closes on Sat 8 Jan.
From 11 January, everyone’s favorite creepy and kooky family are back in town. The Addams Familystars Strictly Come Dancing icon Joanne Clifton as the dark and mysterious Morticia. The spectacular musical comedy comes from the writing team of multi award-winning hit musical Jersey Boys, with music and lyrics by Tony award nominated Andrew Lippa.
Milton Keynes will be the third city in the UK to experience the dazzling show which dominated theatre award ceremonies from its original production in 1982 to its West End debut in 2017. The long-awaited UK tour of Dreamgirls arrives at Milton Keynes Theatre for two weeks from 25 January to 5 March starring The Voice semi-finalist Nicole Raquel Dennis and Milton Keynes actress Natalie Kassanga.
Bringing some rock and roll to your February afternoons and evenings will be the electric School of Rock. Relive the face-melting music from the beloved film and enjoy Andrew Lloyd Webber’s new hits delivered by a band of insanely talented kids. Rock out with the band from 8 to 12 February.
From 23 February to 5 March, the stage sensation Jersey Boys returns to Milton Keynes Theatre’s stage. The smash hit musical goes behind the music and inside the story of Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons from the streets of New Jersey to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Welsh National Opera will bring a trio of operatic delights on their return to Milton Keynes. Powerhouses Don Giovanni and Madam Butterfly take to the stage between 22 and 26 March while Katie Mitchell’s acclaimed production of Czech opera Jenůfa performs on 25 March.
2022 will also welcome two spectacular ballet productions; the scrumptious candy-coated Nutcraker! from choreographer Matthew Bourne in February, and in May Northern Ballet take us back to the roaring 2020’s with The Great Gatsby.
For one night only, audiences can enjoy Strictly Come Dancing stars Kevin Clifton in Burn The Floor(17 January) and Anton Du Beke and Giovanni Pernice in their dance extravaganza Him & Me (17 July). On 13 March, laugh out loud to Friends! The Musical Parody, a hilarious good-hearted romp with everyone’s favourite New Yorkers.
Moving towards the spring season, Milton Keynes will host a handful of phenomenal plays, including psychological thriller Catch Me If You Can (from 5 April) starring Dallas legend Patrick Duffy and brand-new stage play Cluedo (from 30 May) based on the family favourite boardgame.
Following a sell-out run in 2019, Cameron Mackintosh’s acclaimed production of Les Misérablesreturns to Milton Keynes for a stunning four-week residence from 26 April. And the UK premiere tour of Bat Out of Hell rolls into town from 14 June, bringing to life the legendary anthems of Jim Steinman & Meat Loaf.
An Audience with Anton Du Beke launches at Grove Theatre Dunstable
An Audience with Anton Du Beke presents an intimate theatre tour with the indubitable King of Ballroom. Anton shares tales and anecdotes providing some fascinating insights from across his prolific career as one of the UKs leading dancers, authors and TV stars.
The evening’s entertainment will include music, song, dance and of course humour as Anton is joined on stage by special guest vocalist Lance Ellington, powerhouse band and dancer. It’s an exclusive opportunity to get up close with 2019 Strictly finalist and Mr Showbusiness himself – Anton Du Beke.
Commenting on the tour Anton said:-
“An Audience with Anton Du Beke is going to be an intimate evening with myself, my wonderful band and my very good friend Lance Ellington! I’m going to tell you about my career and life (you can ask me any question you like) and we’re going to do it with song and dance… It’s going to be a great night!
I have so many wonderful Strictly memories, of which I shall talk about on the tour, but a couple of highlights are the moment I had with Brucie when we did Me and My Shadow, and when I opened the show on Musicals week with a great ensemble piece that I sang, it was called Anything Can Happen On The Strictly Stage. I absolutely loved that moment!
I’ve also had many classic moments with my wonderful partners, whether it’s falling down with Ruth Langsford at the end of the Paso Doble, flying Anne Widdecombe in or throwing her across the floor and skidding, performing the Viennese Waltz with Emma Barton or dancing with Katie Derham and making it to the final.
I’ve had so many incredible moments on Strictly and I can’t wait to share them with you at An Audience with Anton Du Beke.”
An Audience with Anton Du Beke 2022 Tour Dates
5 May 7.30pm Grove Theatre, Dunstable
8 May 3.00pm Theatre Royal, Brighton
13 May 7.30pm Wycombe Swan, High Wycombe
14 May 7.30pm New Theatre, Peterborough
15 May 3.00pm Richmond Theatre, Richmond
22 May 3.00pm Churchill Theatre, Bromley
About The Grove Theatre Dunstable
The Grove Theatre is a 780 seat regional theatre and entertainment venue situated on the edge of Grove Park in Dunstable and we provide a range of performances, film screenings, workshops, tours, classes, community events, functions and wedding parties