‘A little magic can take you a long way.’ – The Roald Dahl Museum and Story Centre is re-opening on Thursday 10 September. After being closed for almost 6-months due to the coronavirus lockdown, Hertfordshire favourite, The Roald Dahl Museum and Story Centre is back offering a unique personal visitor experience – think of Charlie’s tour of Wonka’s chocolate factory.
The new-look VIP visitor experience will involve pre-booked guided visits for groups of up to ten. This will require people from the same family or ‘bubble’ visit as one. This means you can visit the museum in Great Missenden with confidence knowing you do not have to share any spaces inside the building with another group. This unique and exclusive experience is an opportunity for guests of all ages to explore the museum like never before, in the company of an expert guide. Don’t worry, there will be no Willy Wonka tricks.
To personalise each visit, the individual responsible for booking the ticket will receive a phone call before they arrive. They will be asked to share the favourite Dahl stories and characters of the group. Rarely seen archive material will be projected on screens based upon the choices of the group.
This VIP visit setup means the museum will only be able to welcome 15% of the usual number of people, so guests are being asked to support the museum at this tricky time by very kindly donating the price of extra tickets for as many ‘imaginary friends’ as they can.
The museum reopening on Thursday 10 September comes just three days before the world will celebrate Roald Dahl Story Day (13th September).
10 inspiring quotes from Roald Dahl books
- ‘A little magic can take you a long way.’ – James and the Giant Peach
- ‘Somewhere inside all of us is the power to change the world.’ – Matilda
- ‘Never do anything by halves if you want to get away with it. Be outrageous. Go the whole hog. Make sure everything you do is so completely crazy it’s unbelievable…’ – Matilda
- ‘You’ll never get anywhere if you go about what-iffing like that.’ – Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator
- ‘“It doesn’t matter who you are or what you look like, so long as somebody loves you.”’ – The Witches
- “We all have our moments of brilliance and glory.” – Boy
- ‘I understand what you’re saying, and your comments are valuable, but I’m gonna ignore your advice.’ – Fantastic Mr Fox
- ‘But there was one other thing that the grown-ups also knew, and it was this: that however small the chance might be of striking lucky, the chance is there. The chance had to be there.’ – Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
- “Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.” – The Minpins
- ‘Having power is not nearly as important as what you choose to do with it.’ – Roald Dahl