If you like many others that have been following #LFW tags religiously, you should have noticed the tweets and announcements by beauty experts Benefit and trend setting Toni&Guy that they were official sponsors for the amazing Matthew Williamson’s AW14 show, which took place at One Great George Street. Matthew Williamson has been wowing London audiences for over 15 years and this year’s show did not fail to impress. Watch the hightlights on Matthew Williamson’s website.
Headed up by renowned makeup artist Lisa Eldridge and Benefit Head Makeup & Trend Artist, Lisa Potter-Dixon, the makeup look was inspired by an empowered 70s woman, citing Angelica Huston and Studio 54 as the main inspiration behind the beauty look.
- Prep the skin with total moisture, follow by applying girl meets pearl all over the skin. Next pick your perfect shade of hello flawless oxygen wow and apply lightly and evenly all over your complexion.
- For the eyes use longwear powder shadow in gilty pleasure all over the eye lid and up to the brow bone and blend, next use longwear powder shadow in kiss me, I’m tipsy in and above the socket of the eye blending outwards following the shape of your eye to acheive a winged effect.
- Apply BADgal waterproof liner in black into the waterline of the eye, on the top lash line and under the bottom lashes. Use a touch of kiss me, I’m tipsy to blend the eyeliner in.
- Apply a little more gilty pleasure into the centre of the eye lid to highlight.
- Add lashings of they’re real! mascara to top and bottom lashes.
- Brush through your brows with speed brow, brushing the hair on the inner corners slightly upwards.
- Conceal under the eyes, and on any problem areas with fake up concealer.
- Mix bella bamba and hervana and blend on the apples of the cheeks, sweeping up through the temples and finishing on the forehead.
- For the lips apply BADgal waterproof liner in brown all over the lips, follow with benetint and finish with ultra plush gloss in bella bamba for an unusual plum hue.
- To finish the look apply the POREfessional: agent zero shine to any shiny areas, avoiding the cheekbones.
Mark Hampton, Global Hair Ambassador for Toni&Guy shows you in this video tutorial how you can #trialthetrend straight from the catwalk. Products used in the video are Toni&Guy Heat Protection Mist and Classic Shine Gloss Serum.
And that is it folks. Enjoy recreating the Matthew Williamson AW14 Look.